Monday, November 29, 2010

Hello, and welcome!

Hello, and welcome, to a new blog!! After taking some months to think about it, and after talking to some enthusiastic family members at my Thanksgiving dinner, I've decided to begin writing again. Obviously, it won't be about camp food. Hopefully, that day will come again next summer when I can go back and continue Vovcha Chow.
But since people were interested in what I had to say, and were entertained by how I said it, I figured I'd give it another shot. It may interest some of you, it may not. It may interest people you know- I'd love it if you spread the word!!

So, for all intents and purposes, I am a single mother. Whoa- I probably just lost half the readership! But hang on- there will be something here for lots of people! Because not only am I a single mother (and I hate that term!), I am a Ukrainian single mother who is unemployed and trying to figure out how to take her kids to hockey and swimming and Ukrainian school and Plast (scouts) and do homework and OK- enough italics.. practice the instruments and raise those kids to be good, polite, motivated and happy. Does that sound like you? Single or not? Or maybe you are a grandmother or grandfather to kids of a single mom? Or maybe your neighbor is one? Think about it. There are about 5 million single mother blogs out there (I googled it!) and I am adding to that, but maybe my take could be something new. So, welcome all, come on down to my blog, read it, laugh, don't laugh, think- let's see how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Le! Glad to see you've taken the leap! Looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Sisyphus, go to it, and in sharing the load, it just might get a bit lighter or, one would hope, at least seem to lighten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Le! Looking forward to following the new blog.

    ReplyDelete