Monday, April 4, 2011

Quitting Time?

Well, I had an extremely quiet weekend. Kids went to dad's Friday after school, and I was all alone! Killed some time, then ordered a Stellas pizza for dinner. My kids don't like this kind, so I was glad to finally be able to eat it for myself! Saturday was Uki school and Plast. My school kids are a real piece of work. First of all, this was the first time in forever that no one was absent. I have kids who cannot sit still, one who I am convinced is on the autism spectrum, kids with crippling speech impediments, with a couple of good ones thrown in. So during lunch, one boy spilled some yogurt. He asked nicely for me to wipe it up and as I was he says, "Pani Wesia, I wuv you!" See, it happens every time! Just as I'm ready to throw this kid out the window after the 500th time he hit himself in the head with his own hands and interrupted me for the millionth time, he goes and says "I wuv you." Then another little one said, "Me too!" and another one said "Me too" as well. Just as I'm ready to quit....And Plast went well too! It didn't feel like I was stuck in a black hole of time suckage. Then, the assistant principal presents me with an offer- because the group I have this year is such a challenge, they want to give me a break and have me teach third grade, with really nice kids, next year. See? Just as I'm ready to quit, they go and give me a viable option. Crap. I don't know what I'm going to do. With my new job, I won't really need to work there, but I feel like I should try and keep active in the community and teach what I can. GAH! What a dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment