Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday Trip

Yesterday was my daughter's 9th birthday, and we decided to celebrate it by going skiing!! Our Plast group organized a trip to Ski Butternut in Massachusetts and I thought it would be a fun thing for us to do. To make a long story short, we had a fantastic day. The kids loved skiing, and I actually didn't do too bad, especially since I haven't set foot in a ski boot in about 20 years. YAY! Kids want to go again, which is a pretty good sign.

For our kids' birthdays, we like to go out for dinner. We met their dad at a place near our house and it was a fine meal. Ex is the last person I want to look at across the table from me, but I guess it's important for the kids to see that we can get along. We 3 were pretty tired and hungry and the meal hit the spot. I wanted to mention that next to us sat a family of 5. The mom was on the phone, one son was playing with an IPad, the other son was playing with a DS, and the little daughter was coloring. Dad was staring into space. It was so nice to see a family go out and ignore each other. What the hell is the point? Save yourself $100 and stay home and ignore each other! So sad...

Happy Valentine's Day to all who have a sweetheart. To those who don't, enjoy a pint of your favorite...ice cream!

1 comment: