Thursday, February 24, 2011

Headache x 5

OK- since I donated blood last Wednesday, I have gotten 5 of my headaches PLUS this weird dizziness in my head. I've had that dizziness before, and it gets treated with an antibiotic, but still. I am falling apart. I ran errands this morning and went to the walk in clinic but the wait was an hour and I wouldn't have made it in time to pick up my daughter from swim camp. So I returned later around 3:30 (with both kids) and didn't have to wait too long. I got checked over, got the prescription, ran to the pharmacy, loaded up on the drugs and am thankfully feeling better. It's so hard when you're alone, feel like crap, and still have to cook, or drive someone somewhere, do laundry, keep things running. One day I'll tell you about the spinal tap I had and the devastating aftereffects. That's one for the record books.

2 comments:

  1. Are they headaches or migraines? I use to get migraines quite a lot when I was younger, they would often do me in for a couple of days. Headaches I can deal with, but these generally knocked me on my ass.
    I remember when my mom use to complain about headaches. As a kid, you didn't take into account what you said about keeping everything going, despite feeling like crap.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I made a connection at about 6:00 this morning- the blood donation, plus a visit from "Aunt Flo" may have resulted in low iron. I overdid it this weekend, never really replenished myself, and IMHO, I think that's what it was. As for the migraines, they are a real menace. I don't get regular headaches that go away with Advil. Only the left side throbbers from the back of my neck to inside my eyeball. I have the cure; I want to know the cause!

    ReplyDelete