Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hair Cut

I got my hair cut back in October. Like really cut. I had been wearing it in a scrunchy bun for about 5/6 years. I decided to take the plunge, and chop it all off. It was a great, funky haircut with one side angled longer and covering my eye. I loved it but it was a TOTAL PAIN IN THE ASS to wear everyday. The part covering my eye was driving me CRAZY!!! So I'd end up using a headband, and that defeated the purpose of the short hair. So, in early December, I washed it, styled it, and cut off that section over the eye. And it was totally fine!! But by the end of December, the original hair was getting longish, so I went to get a trim, and that was the worst haircut of my life. I told the woman what I wanted, and she just started hacking away and I ended up with this dorky mom-do. I HATED it. So I had to make it through Xmas with my family. I wore one of those reindeer headbands to mask it. Now, about 8 weeks since that cut, it was time for a trim. The short parts were growing out like I wanted. However, I have no money for a haircut and I do not want to go back to the place that made me look like a dork. So I started chopping away myself in the bathroom and believe it or not, I LURVE IT!!! It's longish on one side, short on the other, like I originally wanted and had when I was about 15. The back, however, still needs some work. I'm going to have to do some creative contortioning to get that part up to speed. But I did it!!

2 comments:

  1. You cut your own hair? If you were a guy, I'd say you've got balls-of-steel. But, as you're a woman, I'll just say...you've got balls-of-steel! :-)

    Glad you got it the way you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think? Back in the day when I was a substitute teacher, a student I knew saw me in the hall and said, "Oh man, Miss Hrab (me) is here and we don't have Spanish today! That sucks balls!" I was like, "Uh, I think that was a compliment! Gracias??"

    ReplyDelete