Friday, February 18, 2011

Exhaustion squared

I woke up at 4:00 this morning. 4:00!! What the hell is wrong with me?? I know what is wrong with me- my daughter is having her State swimming championships next Saturday the 26th and I am beside myself with worry. Maybe worry is the wrong word- I just want her to do well. I mean, I want this for her more than I have ever wanted anything for myself. I swear to God! She has had such success this year, and she should be fine, but you just never know. I mean, she's 9!
I played sports, but started in Middle School, 7th grade tennis and swimming!
And then because she has done so well, we are going back to Harvard for the New England Championships and it would be so cool if she did well there too. Her times are phenomenal, and there are high expectations for her. I swear to you, I am not saying anything to her so I don't pressure her or make her feel bad or inadequate should she not do well. But this is eating me up, and now I am so friggin tired, it's exactly like when she was an infant and didn't sleep for 14 months and I was totally wiped out. I don't know how I'm going to get through another MONTH of this.
Any advice?? Please??

No comments:

Post a Comment