Monday, March 7, 2011

Dinner out

We haven't gone out to dinner in a long time. So yesterday, after having to practically DRAG my kids out of the house, we went to Friendly's. Yes, Friendly's!!
Surprising that I have to drag my kids, but go figure. Nothing can be easy. Anyway, it was delightful! I love the hamburgers there and certainly the ice cream is awesome. I remember the first time I took the kids out after their dad left us. It was a Saturday after Ukrainian school and I just wanted to go out. So there we were eating and one of my kids, I think my son says, "I have to go to the bathroom."
Dilemma! Do I let him go alone? Do I go and leave the other one alone? Do all 3 of us go together? I ended up letting him go alone but I stood in the aisle so I could have an eye on both kids. It all worked out in the end, but that was the first time I really had to think about what to do. When they were really little, we'd all go together, usually BEFORE we sat down to order and eat. Just one of those little things you don't really think about until wham!- it slams you in the face and you've got to make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment