Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Frugal Living

So things seem to be on an upswing around here. About friggin' time! Swimming was fantastic and I am going to have a job! WOW! Good timing, as I am almost out of money! Thankfully I am one of the most frugal people you'll ever meet. Let me give you an example- last summer I worked in the camp kitchen where my kids went for a three week Ukrainian Scout camp. I made a decent amount of money for those 3 weeks. I took out the last $100 I made a few weeks ago!! Granted, that money isn't being used to pay bills or the mortgage, but it's used for what I call "Wallet money"- cash for small purchases, like if I run out of cream for my coffee, I need 2 rolls for hamburgers, Dairy Queen for the kids, hot lunch at Ukie school, that kind of stuff. I know that may sound stupid, but I am an envelope/pile/compartment kind of money person. Earnings from Ukie School go in one place for certain purchases, money from gifts for other things, earning from a primary job go for something else. So, can you believe it- my last $100 just taken out, and I still have $23 left. I think I'm going to need some nicer clothing too. I have stuff, but I think I'll need to suplement a bit. Target gift cards!!! See, Ms. Frugality to the rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment