Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hated it!

Can you hate something you're good at? Let me back up. My son forgot his saxophone at home yesterday so I had to drive it over. As I walked into the office, I saw his band teacher. I introduced myself, pointed at the sax and asked if I was late. He said no, and the next thing out of his mouth was what a GREAT SAXOPHONE PLAYER MY SON IS!! I couldn't believe it! He was so nice and so complementary. (And then he said great things about my daughter who is just starting to play the recorder!) He talked about how my son has great tone, he knows how to blow correctly, and he looks like he's having a great time. So, back to my question- can you hate something that you are good at? I'm trying to think if this applies to me- I'm good at tennis, swimming, running a summer camp, eating, dancing, writing, and maybe some other things, but I enjoy them all! I made sure when the kids came home to pass on the complements, and to encourage without sounding like a shrew. I got a minimal reaction. But I ask you- do you hate doing something you're good at? How exactly does that work?

1 comment:

  1. I hate being so good looking, but we've all got our bears to cross ;-)

    ReplyDelete