Thursday, January 13, 2011

Deja Vu

AAAHHHHH! Another snow day!! Two in a row is unheard of around here, but there it was on my TV this morning. So I let the kids sleep in while I made myself a cup of coffe and watched the rest of Top Chef from last night. I let them loll for a bit, then my son's friend called and asked him over. Let me tell you, when we were driving over there, it was a true Winter Wonderland. I have never seen so much snow in my life. The plowed mounds were huge, 6 to 10 feet high. The sidewalks were carved like slices of cake. Icicles were practically on every house. Like Mega Icicles! It's astounding. The town just South of us made the national news for having gotten 30.5 inches of snow. I am still shaking my head. After I picked up my son, he and his sister played outside for quite a while. They were sledding down the driveway on their new sleds. Very fun! My daughter's swim practice was cancelled, so I decided to take her in at free swim time to work out for a little. That was good- even my son went swimming for a bit.
So for it being the second day in a row at home, things worked out pretty well. And what's funnier, they have Monday off for MLK Jr. and Tuesday off for teacher workshops. 4 of 5 days at home!! Gah- I've go to think of something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment