Monday, January 24, 2011

Random Thoughts

YOY- I am so discombobulated!! We had another snow day on Friday, but it wasn't as bad as the other ones. I cleaned about 4 inches of snow in like 20-25 minutes. A four inch storm is no big deal around here anymore. But, the kids were home taking over the tv and computer. I walk around the house, unable to find something to do other than clean and tidy up. We did go and get my son's hair cut, which he desperately needed. And we went sledding, but it was so bitterly cold, we didn't last too long. The weekend was freezing as well. Up for Hockey, Ukrainian School and Scouts, and that just wipes me out. My weekends suck!! I mean, I know everyone has stuff to do on the weekends. It's funny, when there is a snowstorm on a weekend, it's amazing how many things need to get cancelled or delayed. I watch on TV where they post the closings and it's astounding what is going on- Church activities, sports training, hair academies, Bible Studies, Univ. classes, Adult education, really! But my weekends just become one huge day and I walk around like a zombie. No fun. [See how this post sounds- that's what my mind is like...] I got a lot of stuff done today- bank, police station (don't worry- I just had to register my burglar alarm), Aldi's, Kohls, Old Navy, Michael's, Marshalls, and The YMCA. Not that I had any money to spend, but rather a whole bunch of gift cards that have been sitting in my bag FOREVER. I got some stuff, nothing special. One nice thing- I had a story published in our local "People's Press" (not that big a deal-they publish anything!)about the squirrel in the house. It's fun to see your name in print, and my daughter was excited as well. We 3 are going to Yale this afternoon to the Child Development Center. They have been using my kids for cognitive testing for years. Kids like it, it takes like 10 minutes, and they get a prize. So in addition to Harvard and Wesleyan, they go to Yale too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment