Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ice Storm

Ho! The crap continues! As I was sitting here, "surfing the 'net," we heard this loud thud just outside the window. It was a branch from a pine tree that had broken off and took down 2 power lines!! YAY!! The TV went, and half the electric in the house, which includes the heater/boiler. YAY!! I had visions of hotdogs and popcorn made in the fireplace, but then I realized I don't have that much wood and the wood outside is all snow and ice covered. I called our electric company and a guy came in about ten minutes. He took one look, said it was the phone and cable lines, and he turned around to leave. I said, "Uh, half the house is without power! Please look again!" So he looked, went up to the street (this same "half-the-house-no-power" thing happened in the spring when one little doohickey loosened up on the phone pole) and said something did come loose and someone would come to fix it. Well, it got fixed, but now I had to figure out what to do with the TV. So I called Dish network and after pushing about 876 buttons, got a man, who I think was in India. I was in the process of setting up an appointment, which I'd have to pay $95 for, when I thought, hmm, the phone works, maybe the TV does too. So I had my son go upstairs to check, and it worked!! I apologized to the nice man, cancelled the appointment, and now all the power is back on. Phew!! However, I have two power lines laying across my driveway. What do I do? Who should remove them? Fun times!! Good times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment