Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nighttime Crazies

Every night, without fail, when I tell the kids it's time for bed, they start goofing around. And not your run-of-the-mill goofing around. They get so crazy, so out of control, it drives me up the wall. They start to wrestle, and one gets on the other one, and there's screaming, and shrieking, and shouts of "STOP IT!!!!" ten thousand times, and there's laughing, and it's so not cute or fun or amusing. It totally exhausts me, and I don't know what to do about it. I have ignored it, and let it run its course, but then it's 10:00 pm and they are still up. I have firmly told them to stop, brush their teeth, get dressed in PJs and get in bed, and they are in such a frenzy they can't calm down long enough to do as I ask. And then, of course, there are times when I yell my head off and then I become this joke-"Look out, mama's going to explode!" Ha ha. Sheesh. What is this?? What do they get out of it, but a pissed off mom, and an unpleasant end to the day. Why would they do this EVERY SINGLE NIGHT?? When they're like 2 or 3 years old, it's kind of cute, when they run away from you, and giggle when you grab them, and you play, but then you get them in the tub, washed, brushed, dressed, and in bed. Mine are 8 and 10!! Does this stop? Well, duh, I doubt they will be doing this when they are 15 and 17, but my God, I am completely worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment