Friday, January 14, 2011

Dinner Time

God, is this blog boring!! Who the hell cares what I have to say?

Anyway, there are about 6 dinners that I make here. They are: pasta, hamburgers, fried chicken, pork chops, "p'zones"-pizza dough stuffed with pepperoni and mozzarella-, and chicken soup. We order pizza on Fridays, occasionally Chinese, and sometimes on Sunday I'll make a roast or goulash. And that's it. It is so boring I could die!! I am SICK of eating the same stuff week after week. My kids are very reluctant to try anything new. I'd never make something weird, but they won't do the regular things that kids eat: lasagna, stir fry, tacos, mac and cheese. I'd love to have more interesting things like enchiladas, tuna subs, omelets or egg sandwiches, more interesting soups, chicken with different spices, new side dishes (all I do is sauteed broccoli that only one child eats, canned corn and half sour pickles. UGH.) The other day I roasted a whole chicken. Plain, roasted chicken. No olives, no turmeric, no peanut butter, no tapenade, just plain chicken. And they both REFUSED to eat it!! I was so ticked off! They ended up having rice, corn and pickles. They lived, but it just sets such a bad tone for the family meal. I used to house-sit for a family where one of the daughters only ate buttered pasta EVERY SINGLE DAY. And she was like 15!! So I guess mine aren't that bad, but it's still such a drag every day, trying to rotate these things and make it interesting. Any ideas out there??

3 comments:

  1. What about a pork tenderloin or meatloaf? Keep up the great work with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen's been in Budapest for the last 10 days and because the kids are such pasta lovers, I said it would be a non-stop pasta fest. I think I have exhausted the possibilities, but at least it's been nutritious. However, I'm ready for some Indian food.

    How about stews and soups, with yummy salads and warm crisp bread? Good winter comfort food. Don't forget the garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen, you guys, heck with all those kids—if you cooked for me, I would appreciate every single bite!

    ReplyDelete