Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Stockpile

I think it's a pretty known thing that people's number one fear is public speaking. The other top fears are things like death, flying, spiders, cancer, and the like. When I'm asked what's my fear, I always say, being destitute/ending up a bag lady.
Sounds silly, perhaps, but it's true! Ever since I was little, I've enjoyed saving money and being prepared. Thank goodness I have those traits, or else with this stretch of unemployment, I'd have been TOAST!! As soon as Mr. Dad left, I made a list of things to stockpile, just in case:

10 Foods: pasta, rice, canned soup, coffee, oil, crackers, tea, flour, sugar, cereal

Hey- it's stuff to survive. I'd love to put ice cream, chocolate, french fries, etc. on here, but that's not the point.

Then I thought, it's not only food that needs to be stockpiled- so here came my toiletry/other list:

toilet paper, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, tampons, dish soap, laundry detergent, bath soap, lightbulbs, stamps

Every time I shop, I buy something on this list, rotating every week. Maybe that isn't the way to stockpile, but it works for me. I'd like to think that I have enough of a back up to last a good while.

What do you think? What is on your "stockpile list?" Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment